Sunday, March 27, 2011

Paris- the city of lights!

Over March break, I travelled to Paris- such a fabulous change of scene!

Back in Montreal, we still had weather like this...


so the beautifully green and manicured French grounds were sooo refreshing!



One of the many nicknames Paris has is 'the City of Lights', so I decided to show off this side of Paris in this blogpost.

Here is a picture I took of this gorgeous midnight merry-go-round next to the hotel de ville (city hall). There were skaters at this outdoor skating rink, and this glorious smell of fried doughnuts in the air. I couldn't resist getting a ticket for this 'manege': it's one of my little caprices (whims) when I travel.


This shot is of the Champs-Elysees, one of the greatest fashion boulevards in the world. The picture was taken from the top of the Arc-de-Triomphe.


This was the first time I saw the Eiffel Tower all lit  up and sparkly: it's colour seems to change with every shimmer- is it lavender? rose pink? glowing bronze? Beautifully scintillating and the true symbol of Paris.


Up next: Fashion Updates from Paris

3 comments:

  1. Any tips for turists from your trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure this comment thing works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Anonymous, I will be having tips for tourists in Paris on my blog. I already have one up on the Louvre, and there are more to come!

    ReplyDelete